Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rockabilly Wednesday! - Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers

I'm back to doing music posts like I promised! Dear lord help me remember to do this every week haha!

This week is a bit of a special one, as it's a band my husband is currently playing for. And no, I promise that is not why I chose them. Since moving to Austin, Texas, we've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great bands and a lot of great people. Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers, I can easily say, is my favorite band that I have found here thus far. The fact that my fella plays for them is just a bonus of me getting to make every show!



Not only is Jorge an amazing guitar player, and Ruby has pipes to make me jealous for days, but their adorable and fun stage presence keeps you entertained the whole time. I dare you to catch them live and not want to at least dance in your seat. My personal favorite song? "Since You Went Away" - I just love the intro! Listen for yourself here :) 

2 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

They're not bad,I really like them.
I like alot of male rockabilly singers/bands but, I haven't found alot of female ones that really grab me.I'm pretty fond of Emelda May tho.
Thanks for sharing,I'm listening to thier other songs right now!

Unknown said...

Good female fronted rockabilly is actually my favorite, it's just really hard to find anyone doing it these days. I'll try to do some posts on ones I do know though :)