Friday, January 22, 2010

Rockabilly Riot (#4) - Mad Tea Party

I have so much trouble remembering to do this on a certain day. So I'm not gonna! Just a once a week post about a band I like.

This week.. Mad Tea Party! Hello, ukulele? Amazing. My personal favorite song is Zombie Boogie, which you can hear on their Myspace page. These folks have a great live show too, I tell ya!



"Mad Tea Party brews up rock 'n' roll, garage-pop and honky tonk to create a fresh and intoxicating sound. "It's B-52s meets Buddy Holly with a lot more thump." Musical conspirators Ami Worthen and Jason Krekel serve up an exciting live show to music lovers thirsty for upbeat, original refreshment. Delicious harmonies glide over electrified ukulele, juke-joint guitar, scratchy fiddle and pulsing foot percussion. Catchy songs are steeped in raw rockabilly with shreds of doo wop and devilish blues. Drink deep - Mad Tea Party concocts a musical recipe that will make you boogie."

And an added bonus to a good band, a fabulously stylish front woman! Here is a photo Ami of Mad Tea Party sent me of her in a Dismantled Fashions' red polka dot Catie May Dress:

No comments: