Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rockabilly Wednesday - Sparkle Moore

I usually try to pick current bands or artists for my weekly spotlight, mostly because I love giving an artist any chance to be heard by new people. Must have picked up that "support the musician" mindset from being married to one! But, Everytime I talk to someone about female rockabilly singers only a few seem to know about Sparkle, and that is why I think I'm going to branch out just a bit and relive some oldies than you might not have heard of.



Sparkle Moore is one of my favorite, if not number one, female rockabilly artist of all time. There is something so tough and rebellious about her voice while at the same time being adorable and feminine. This woman can sing I tell ya! She only recorded a few songs in her career but opened doors for female 'billy right alongside Wanda Jackson and Janis Martin. 


Did I mention she has style?! 


2 comments:

Betty2Tone said...

I actually haven't heard of her before, so yay!

Unknown said...

Well I did something right then! Glad you enjoy :)