Monday, March 23, 2009

Photoshoots and Fashion Shows

Yesterday I met up with Amy in Richmond so she could model some clothes for me. I'm sure it's pretty obvious, but I took these photos. No professionalism here! No, I just can't seem to find a photographer worth a damn. They don't seem to get what I'm looking for. And the two I have found locally that I really like, I can't afford. Bummer, right? Anyway, all things considered, I think these came out pretty decent. Of course she looks fabulous in these... The rest are in my Flickr, and these clothes are up in my Etsy shop. Cute fuckn' cute.

After that, we met up with Stef of Toxic Shock Apparel and the rest of our crew of loud, drunk girls to prepare for Stef's first runway show. My baby is growing up! It was a total blast.. and the backstage was insane. I felt like I was on America's Next Top Model. I've never laced a girl into a corset so fast. It was only after I speed laced that I realized I had a lot more time than I thought Oops... Anyway, if there is anything I like in this world it's fashion, booze and being at a gay bar (which it was held at). So clearly, I had a good time. I wanna do a runway show again now!

And finally, I'm buried waist deep in orders right now. Every year I forget what a busy time Spring and Summer is for me. Wait.. maybe I should get off the computer and get to work....


3 comments:

Pili said...

I love that dress!

jenerek! said...

actually, i like the photos a lot- i think they capture the vintage essence really well, 'specially with the coca-cola sign as a backdrop! good job, missy!
and congrats to stef! sounds like a night full of shenanigans!

Tim [ codearachnid ] said...

Next time you need a photographer - especially for a runway show look me up. I'd like talk with you about what you're looking for. Feel free to email me tim [at] impactartistry [dot] com